Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolutions to lose weight

If your New Year's resolution is to lose weight or watch your diet you are not alone. Most resolutions include some form of diet or exercise plan.

I have set New Year's resolutions in the past to watch my diet or lose weight.  I've tried the Atkins diet, low carbohydrate diets, low fat diets, a Gluten free diet, a low sugar diet, and pretty much every other diet out there.  What I have found about an alkaline diet is that it becomes more of a way of eating instead of a way to lose 10 lbs. None of the other diets I've tried cut out all sugars.  I think it is crucial to weight loss goals and balancing a healthy body to remove sugar. I found that when I ate any sugar even in small amounts and then tried to limit my calories it was a battle of self control. I was caught in the cycle of taking in sugar only to crave it again a few hours later.  Most of us don't have enough will power to last long term against sugar cravings. I think this is why so many diets and dieters fail.  I found a fabulous sense of freedom on my alkaline diet. I don't feel controlled by my food anymore.  

When sugar is no longer a part of the diet natural flavors start to emerge. You don't miss sugar anymore. I know it's hard to think about life without sugar if you've never tried it.  It is used as a comfort food, but you need less comforting when your not eating sugar at all.  It's not about giving up something that is pleasurable, it is trading short term comfort for long term comfort. If you've already been eating an alkaline diet you know what I'm talking about. Congratulations on stepping outside the norm and doing something for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment